Saturday 21 May 2016

Edible Six-Pack Rings.

This is going to be a short post. Sometimes I stumble across some news which make me smile. Good news that are uplifting and this is one of them. Saltwater Brewery in Florida created new edible six-pack rings. This is great news because the common plastic that is used can choke marine life and birds when it ends up in the ocean. But in this particular case the people from the brewery have come up with an ingenious solution. Their edible rings are made of the leftovers from the brewing process, namely wheat and barley and are therefore 100% biodegradable and also serve as food for the animals. I know that this is a small step in the right direction by a small brewery. But I find such stories hugely inspiring and I do hope that it catches on to increase its impact. 




No comments:

Post a Comment